1.29.2012

No Excuses

I’m getting really great at maintenance. Nice to know that if I want to STAY at 219 then I’ve got it covered. Started training for a 10K last Sunday. I made two out of four scheduled run days and felt pretty good after both runs. I have a couple of great excuses for missing the other two days (BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....BLAH, BLAH, BLAH).

Isn’t it amazing how easy it is to visualize and say out loud what it is that you want to do?

Plan out the goal...set goals with key dates for success...create the refrigerator motivation chart to check off my success...mark out the calendar... psych yourself up for the challenge.

All such great intentions and actions. And then the actual moment comes when you can make the decision that will determine your success. Just one cookie (which ALWAYS turns into two). Thirty minutes more of sleeping-in rather than running. Before you know it you’re off plan and simply maintaining.

This week: tough love. No excuses...I have to rediscover the importance of what I’m doing. I mean, really...if a healthy body isn’t important, than what is?







Quote courtesy of Julie Norton via Katie Boyce on Pinterest

 

No comments:

Post a Comment