1.03.2012

Transforming

I know the exact moment I did it. The funny thing is, in that moment, I knew I had a choice.
I chose to give myself permission to let go for the holidays. To eat or drink whatever I wanted and not worry about exercise. I don’t have to tell you what happened but I will. Since my last weigh-in nearly two weeks ago I have gained five pounds. Bummer, right? Yet no surprise.
I am living today with these words in my head:
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
I’m by no means giving up and am determined to get back to it. I know a break now and then is going to be part of a healthy, sane lifestyle. What I hope happens over the course of this year is that I transform my habits and my mind into healthy food-eating, exercise-loving partners. How long do you think real transformation will take?
Check back in on Sunday…I plan to give back the five I gained!





Photo courtesy of hcmworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment