2.28.2012

Time for an Etch-a-Sketch

Yes, it's time for an Etch-a-Sketch.

I'm at the point of giving up and rather than do that I am going to take a short break from my efforts. I am going to start over with a new starting weight, new goals, but the same 10K training plan that I've been following.

People, I am D-O-N-E done. Still want to honor my body but I don't want it to feel like I'm carrying an entire family of elephants on my shoulders.

Somehow I've lost sight of my purpose and I know that I need to step back and reevaluate my process. My friend Melissa recently suggested to me (during our really fun Oscar brunch) that maybe I could make this a game with myself. Not focus so much on the rules I've set (and there are more rules than I even imagined) but on the fun that can be found during the journey.

Maybe I could create a board game where I roll to see what the next move is. Maybe it's measurements versus the scale. Maybe it's more beach walks and less timed running.

You may not see my posts for awhile; however, don't worry - I'm not giving up. Just reevaluating my focus and what it is that I really want out of this effort. So...until I come back to you with the next post...might I suggest that you etch-a-sketch something in your life? It's actually a REALLY energizing feeling.






Photo courtesy of findnsave.thenewstribune.com

No comments:

Post a Comment